Our Practice Areas
Compassionate & Estate Planning Lawyers in Atlanta
Taking care of your future for life is the primary goal of our Atlanta estate planning attorney and our support staff at Meyring Law Firm. We are devoted to ensuring that your case is resolved in the best manner possible. We offer a range of legal services and we appreciate the trust our clients place in us.
- Trust-Based Estate Planning: Trust-based estate planning is a strategy for people who have estate planning goals or personal needs that cannot be accomplished with just a will. Trusts can help your family avoid probate, keep the handling of family legacy money entirely private, manage funds for child beneficiaries, and much more. Call the Meyring Law Firm in Cobb County now, and a member of our trust and estate legal team will help you take the first steps in establishing a family trust.
- Wills: Self-prepared or program-generated wills may be better than no will – but will rarely produce the quality document you need to achieve your objectives. Our attorney-prepared wills are crafted to cover every detail, communicating your wishes clearly. Our attorneys can represent you in defending against a will challenge in probate court or contest wills when fairness dictates that it is necessary to challenge the validity of a questionable will.
- Probate of Estates: Probate is the legal process by which the court designates an executor or administrator and oversees the transfer of property and assets from the decedent to the surviving family and will beneficiaries. We specialize in assisting the decedent’s representative with the requirements for proper filing and processing, reporting to the court, and resolving asset distribution issues, with an eye to achieving resolution as quickly as possible.
- Estate Litigation: Our firm represents beneficiaries, heirs, executors, administrators, and claimants when litigation is required to resolve issues in the probate of an estate. Estate litigation includes a wide range of legal battles related to wills and trusts, including challenges to the validity of a will, fraud in the execution of a will, and the legitimacy of will beneficiaries and claimants to the estate.
- Estate Planning: Estate planning is the general term for the assistance given to clients by our legal team to plan for the risk of incapacity or death. An estate plan can be as simple as a simple will, or it can be more extensive, with the addition of a financial power of attorney and advance directive for healthcare. If you want to ensure that your family and legacy are secure, we can help you put a comprehensive, custom-crafted plan in place.
- Powers of Attorney: If you become incapacitated through illness, injury, or due to age, you can appoint another person to handle your finances. The power of attorney document is one of the most powerful and useful estate planning devices, as the single alternative to a power of attorney is a conservatorship, which involves far more time and expense than putting a power of attorney in place.
- Advance Directives for Health Care: An advance directive for health care is a legal document specifying your advance medical instructions for medical treatment and your final wishes for life support. Formerly called a living will, in an advance directive, a trusted agent is named, empowering that person to ensure your wishes are followed, as stated in the document.
- Guardianships & Conservatorships: Guardianships and conservatorships are legal proceedings in the probate court that allow one person to request control of another person’s finances and health care. We offer legal representation in guardianship and conservatorship proceedings in the least stressful and most time-efficient manner.
Contact Meyring Law Firm in Atlanta, GA: A Firm You Can Trust
Are you looking for an Atlanta attorney who can provide you with comprehensive representation throughout your case? At Meyring Law Firm, our legal team offers estate planning, probate, general litigation, and business support to help clients with a wide range of legal concerns. We are committed to providing top-level legal representation, personal assistance, trusted counsel, and building a strong, long-term relationship. Once you retain our services for an estate planning or probate matter, we are available to you for when you need us in the future.